Thursday, February 9, 2012

Wherever I'm With You







This is home. Not the home where I live, but the home that feels like home. This is Nicky in the white converse and Joanna in the black boots. These are photos that were fun to take because we were having fun already. 

I went to back to Nebraska for winter break, and I am going there again later this month, for an orthodontist appointment and a much-needed stay at Nicky's house. I used to live in a tiny town where the streets felt safe, and the movie theater was warm inside, with friends working the counter. I can describe all of the restaurants to you by my favorite foods. (The best thing to do in a small town, and sometimes the only thing to do, is to eat, am I right?) 

I am getting nostalgic. Anyway, the trip to Nebraska will be my first real roadtrip by myself, and I am looking forward to playing old Fleetwood Mac CDs and this song by Edwarde Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes. I can't wait to watch the mountains and drylands of New Mexico give way into the open plains and sunsets of Nebraska. 

One week before I leave, and it will be a busy one becauseeee...I got the job! I start tomorrow. 

Any advice for my first day? Or roadtrippin' tips? I'd love to hear. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment