Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

I hope that you had a fabulous day of love! I am always so struck by the mixed feelings that Valentine's Day produces (particularly in my Facebook friends). For me, this was definitely a year of feeling grateful that a day exists to celebrate everyone who I love. I am glad that I have friends who I can laugh on the phone with while searching Wal-Mart for the Redbox machine. It makes me happy to watch my boss receive a bouquet of flowers at work, sent by her husband. It is fun to pass people on the street on my way to work and wonder about the someones who they love, and if they have plans tonight, or if they are feeling lonely instead. I think that everyone is more aware of love on Valentine's Day--more aware of how badly we all need to feel it.

My Valentine's Day gift to you is a link to my favorite essay, a beautiful exploration of the heart called Joyas Voladoras. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I have every single time that I read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment