Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wandering Wednesdays: Where I Want to Be & What I Would Bring

I am starting my first series on the blog called "Wandering Wednesdays." With my newfound free time, I hope to do more traveling and to use those experiences in order to develop my photography, which will mean lots of fun posts and pictures on the blog. For now, however, I am only dreaming up these adventurous schemes. For the next few weeks, I will be sharing the places I want to go and what I would bring. First up is...









The land of my ancestors! I am applying for a summer program that would take me all around this incredible country from June 26-July 26, so hopefully my travel dream will soon become a reality. In the mean time, we can all look at these photos and fantasize about a world of bagpipes and rustic castles and scenery so beautiful that it will take your breath away.

If I were to travel to Scotland, this is what I would bring:


A pair of Hunter boots, for puddle jumping and exploring the countryside (and maybe even capturing the attention of a dashing Scotsman? I can hope...). These babies run around $125, but every once in awhile,  Gilt features them for more like $75. They sell out quickly on Gilt, so I have yet to buy a pair. But I am keeping my eyes open, and I may just splurge before I go to Scotland.


This Fisherman's pullover from American Apparel. It looks cozy, and I love the bright solid colors (you can choose from sixteen of them!). I can picture myself sleeping under the Scottish stars, going on a cliffside hike, or curling up by a fire in this sweater.


A snazzy new camera for taking pictures of the breathtaking places I visit and the beautiful people I meet.


And, last but not least, a crumpled city map of Edinburgh, so that I can look cool while find my way (and not have to carry around an awkward paper map).


That wraps it up for this week, folks! Where would you like to be right now? And what would you bring?

Tune in next Wednesday, when I share another place that I have been dreaming of.

Image 12345

No comments:

Post a Comment