Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wandering Wednesdays: Where I Want to Be & What I Would Bring

Earlier this week, I was looking through a description for a summer program in Australia, and I fell in love. Hard. With Australia's barren, breathtaking landscape, with its kangaroos and koalas, with the Great Barrier Reef, with the 500 words that belong solely to Australians (even though we speak the same language), with sunsets and the Sidney Opera House and beaches in Queensland.






Image 12345

There is a part of me that looks at all of these beautiful places, and my heart just stirs and sinks and rises and stirs. I want to see it all. And yet I know that there are places that will be left unseen, whole countries that will go unexplored.

Australia will not be one of them, however. I am putting it on my list. My friend Taylor just returned from nannying in New Zealand, and that struck me as being such a brilliant way of traveling. Her room and board were paid for, and she received a small weekly payment that was enough to go on some sightseeing trips and explore the town. Maybe I will find myself a nannying job in one of the rural sheep-herding villages of Australia, or in a bustling city like Queensland or Sidney.

So, let's just say that sometime in the not-so-distant future, I will find my way to Australia. What will I bring?


This cute one piece from ModCloth, or maybe this two piece from Urban Outfitters.

This backpack, also from ModCloth, for carrying around maps, sunscreen, and money.

A canteen for hikes in the outback.


And, finally, this cardigan from Urban Outfitters. It would be perfect for nights around the campfire, especially when paired with shorts, skinny boots, and leg warmers.

Happy Wandering Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment