Sunday, March 11, 2012

Lazy Days in Santa Fe

source

I come from a family of hermits. We are oftentimes content to pass the day away at home, reading Jane Austen novels, watching some television, wandering around outside in warmer months, making protein shakes, petting cats.

I enjoy these lazy days, but I get restless much more easily than either my mother or my sister. I need to have someplace to go, someplace to be, something to see. My ideal life is a balance of adventure and rest, tugging and slackening, diving and wading.

I have spent the weekend doing SAT prep, finishing Pride and Prejudice, and reading/editing my friend Taylor's unpublished first novel. I have also been fantasizing about next year, deciding what I want to learn and where I want to go. Taylor is going to be in college in Galway, Ireland, so I am saving up all of my money from work in anticipation of visiting her (more about this on Wandering Wednesday).

I hope that you are all having a lazy day of your own, if you need one, or an adventurous day, if you don't. I will be back tomorrow.

Until then, big hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment