Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring


It finally feels like spring here in Santa Fe. No, the flowers aren't blooming yet. And yes, the weather man is predicting a snow storm coming through this weekend. But for the first time in months, I step outside with bare feet and am amazed by the warmth of the concrete.

Today, I pushed my bedroom window wide open, and when even that was not enough, I went outside to read. I lay on the grass for a few minutes. I did the only yoga poses I could remember and loved the way the sun felt on my pale skin.

I always say that rain is my favorite weather. Nothing excites me like a rainy day. But I also love that first warmth of spring. You have almost forgotten what it feels like--for the world to be embracing and lovely.

Happy Almost-Spring to all of you.


P.S. The photo was taken last summer by my sister. We had a full blooming garden, and it was so beautiful. We probably won't do it again (too much watering in the desert), but I still can't wait to see new growth coming into our lawn and trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment