Sunday, June 17, 2012

In Preparation



Today, my mom and I went to The Running Hub here in Santa Fe to buy some trail shoes. All of my tennis shoes are worn to the bone (my last pair of Asics breathed its final breath on my school's camping trip in the fall, where it was rained on, muddied, and eaten by stickers. It was more than the elderly shoes could take).

We were actually in and out of The Running Hub in less than fifteen minutes, which is miraculous for me. I am the most indecisive shoe-shopper in the world. I go through a process of contemplation, deliberation, excessive walking, toe wriggling, shoe exchanging, pros and cons weighing...

But I knew from the moment I tried these Gel Scouts on that they were the ones. They had the same welcoming embrace of my last two pairs of Asics. It was that wonderful, all-consuming familiarity of hugging an old friend after a long time away from each other.

The only downside is that these shoes aren't waterproof. I am going to spray them with a waterproofer to see if I can at least make them a little bit water resistant. If not, I can bear damp feet in the name of taking a journey with these lovelies on my feet.

Here is a little glimpse into my packing for Scotland: my brand spanking new Bathing Beauty One Piece in Green Gingham from Modcloth, and my cozy Fisherman's Pullover from American Apparel. I am running behind on the preparation front. My room is a mess, and--in the spirit of full disclosure--I actually had to make my bed in order to take these pictures. The rest of my room is too messy to serve as a background.

I'm off to do some room cleaning and laundry. I'll be back tomorrow.

Love,

Abby


No comments:

Post a Comment