Thursday, May 31, 2012

Journey

A Series of Unfortunate Events were the first books that ever spoke to me in that mysterious way. The words seemed to be coming from some ancient place within my heart. I laughed and cried with the understanding of them. I wanted to be a part of the story, to go to that corner of the world or the imagination where Klaus and Violet and Sunny lived. And yet I felt that I was already a part of the story, that without bearing any similarities to my life, it was warm and familiar. 

Today, I re-read this Lemony Snicket quote and loved it all over again. 


“At times the world may seem an unfriendly and sinister place, but believe that there is much more good in it than bad. All you have to do is look hard enough. And what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may in fact be the first steps of a journey.” 

-Lemony Snicket

(Image here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment